Friday, December 29, 2006

My Cave

For the past year I've mostly been hiding (sulking, skulking) in my cave. This summer we painted and rearranged it and I feel like a light has been turned on and the Creativity Fairie has come to live with me. I really do believe in Feng Shui. It probably still needs some fine tuning, but I'm quite happy here now. This is the "studio" side with windows on the left (as you're looking at this picture) that look out on a pond.

This is the other side of the space which is my "office". You can see the window that looks out on the pond. There's also a sliding glass door in the middle (far right in this picture). That blue chair is where I put my ice skates on in the wintertime. Beside the door is a Futon with a quilt cover. Opposite the door is a TV on a turntable so it can be seen from either side. Originally, my studio was on the office side and felt very cramped. When my DH started working from home I had to give up the office on the main floor. By switching sides, reorganizing (donating a lot of stuff) and working mostly on a laptop, there's more space. Now I just need to get more lights on the studio side for those early morning hours and grey days.







2 comments:

Ginabee said...

What a great space to create it. I'm looking forward to what emerges from the creative cave!

Cory said...

Your cave looks so inviting. Now I understand why you won't come out very often. Enjoy all your days of self-imposed cave exile. :-)
Coreen, fellow FGM