Friday, December 29, 2006

Harmony 880 Remote

Having spent too many hours setting up this remote I'm ready to rant, just a little bit. OK, it's actually not the hard to set it up, but the update takes way too long. And when something doesn't work the way you want, you have to go through all the menus and update again, which takes way too long. Once you remember to click next after selecting what you want to do, update takes way too long. I even got into a loop where the set-up program wouldn't recognize that one of the devices was set up ok. Did I say update takes way too long??? It mostly works ok with one slight problem, but I was able to get it to switch the AV receive from TV to VCR to DVD to IPod.
Really, this is a wonderful remote that means the other five can sit in a drawer. The on-remote help feature really is helpful. I got this as a Christmas Present and now that it's set up, there's only one remote to get lost in my cave.

No comments: