Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's been an interesting year

Reflecting on 2008 brings some wonderful memories and interesting adventures. And time has a way of blurring things. The move to NJ was mostly uneventful, if not drawn out. The Minnesota Quilters Show in June was mostly a huge sucess (over $75,000 profit that will fund the guild and quilting in Minnesota). Working on the two houses and the quilt show plus the board duties just about burned me out. I'm still vegging and playing games a bit too much, but my creative muse is peeking out more often and is frequently seen with crochet hooks and thread.
With the installation of a Wii and involvement in excercise classes in the community (including water aerobics) I hope I'll be pulled away from the computer more and more often.
The MN house finally sold, for much less than we hoped, but before winter set in and now we're not paying a mortgage or double utilities.
I've met more neighbors and had some great day trips thanks to living in this community. I'll be teaching beginning crochet and fabric flowers in March and May. For some reason, this seems right, while teaching quilting is still not something I want to do.
We need to get back to Hyde Park and the FDR estate. DH seems reluctant to venture about in winter, but we haven't had very much snow (almost none). It's the thing I miss most about MN. "Snow does bring out the flake in me." Slowly, I'm discovering NJ. Something I intend to do more of now that gas is at a reasonable level.
I rediscovered crochet and started exploring thread crochet. I'm still quilting and playing with fabric, in fact, there are two quilts now in progress that will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House in New Brunswick in February.
So broad goals for the new year are:
Explore the world beyond the gates and the world on the second floor
CREATE
Exercise body, mind and spirit
We'll see what 2009 brings.

No comments: