Sunday, January 6, 2008

Something is better than Nothing - 2007 in review

Wow, 2007 just flew by. It's been a very, very busy year. I joined the Board of Directors for Minnesota Quilters, Inc. and a month later was asked to co-chair the 2008 quilt show in Rochester MN.

A team of 6 members reviewed capabilities and companies to provide online membership management for MQ and online registration for the show and other events. We chose Memberclicks and are extremely happy with the decision.

I now have a co-director of communications (thank goodness). Her name is Cindy Wilson, aka My Flamingo, and has been a partner through the MQ's online adventures.

The Fairie Goddessmothers had a Flitter at the AQS show in Paducah and three FGMs and I drove down. It was great fun and wonderful to see old freinds and meet new ones.

Also in the Spring my DH discovered he could work remotely from anywhere in the US. So, in August, we bought a year-0ld home in Jackson, NJ, that had never been occupied. We are now in the middle of long distance redecorating, visiting the new place every 6-8 weeks. We plan on moving permanently next summer, after the show in Minnesota.

May and October found me at the Quilt Market in Salt Lake City and Houston making contacts for MQ. I also helped Shelly Stokes and Mary Brandt in the Cedar Canyon Textiles booth (the Paintstik company).

DH and I sailed with Princess cruises twice this year - in January to the Southern Caribbean and through the Panama Canal during Christmas.

With all that going on, I did manage to get quite a few UFOs finished and even a new quilt or two started and completed, or just started.

Here are a few:

1 comment:

Ginabee said...

Yea, you're back. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish in '08.
Ginabee